Thursday, April 19, 2012

Return to Japan - Week 5 (April 20, 2012)


I spent this week trying to become more "Social" and in the process may have become less so with all of you.  There are so many social networking sites on the web today and I decided to branch out from email and facebook into new social mediums.  A popular site that many of my friends visit is Pinterest - a site where everyone shares, (i.e.'pins') their favorite things for others to see.  This site can be addictive with many hours spent looking at all the new recipes you want to try, household ideas, places you want to visit, new products on the market and so much more.  The information is endless.  I created my own page on the site and started my "boards" where I collect and post my favorites as I find them.  And I'm also proud to announce that I used a new recipe I found on the site for dinner one night this week that Jake thought was delicious.  If you have any interest in checking out pinterest my page is found at:  http://pinterest.com/natashafackler/

My big accomplishment of this week though was officially starting a blog page for my weekly updates.  I wanted a place where all of my updates could be on one site and where it was easier to share photos especially for those of you without facebook.  I uploaded all of my older updates and in the next week or so will try to put up more photos to go along with them.  In the future, all of my updates will be hosted on the site instead of sending them via email.  My blog is found at http://natashafackler.blogspot.jp/ 

Besides being social on the world wide web, I also had a busy week being social with friends here in Okinawa too.  Monday evening the Christian Fellowship group that Jake and I belong to hosted a "ladies night out" event.  We had Thai food and sat around talking for hours.  It was a great way to learn more about each other.  I ordered a level 2 spicy for my meal and had to keep taking breaks to cool off my mouth.  For hours afterwards, I felt like my mouth was on fire!  The one lady in our group ordered a level 6! I spent some time visiting with some different friends this week, got my hair done (Oh, how I miss Lush317!!!), saw "Safe House" with Jake, continued research for our honeymoon plans and took a Japanese Cooking Class where we learned to make Gyoza and Yakisoba.  

This week's Japanese (in honor of my cooking class)
"I eat Yakisoba.  It was very delicious"  
Watashi wa yakisoba o tabemasu.  Totemo oishi katta desu.

Until next week.
Natasha and Jake

















No comments:

Post a Comment